If you’ve been sitting on the real estate fence waiting to see where the housing market heads, believe it or not, right now might just be the PERFECT time to buy a new Fort Mill SC home.
Here are 5 reasons why:
1. The governments $8,000 first time home buyers tax credit is set to expire on Dec. 1st. That means you’ve got to actually close on your new home. And because it typically takes at least 30 days to go from contract to close, you need to start taking action RIGHT NOW.
2. Believe it or not, there is some 100% financing programs still available. Now, these programs come with many more requirements and restrictions than similar programs that were available previously, but that doesn’t mean you can’t find them anymore. Just be sure to shop around with lenders as some may offer different programs than others.
3. Everything is on clearance. Home sellers know this is a buyers market because many homes are selling at or below the original purchase price. There are many short sales and foreclosures available in the Fort Mill SC area, which means you can now get twice the home for half the price. There really are some amazing deals available IF you have time on your side and a knowledgeable agent.
4. Interest rates may never be this low again. As the economy improves, interest rates will undoubtedly rise and if you don’t act soon you may miss the opportunity. Don’t be one that says “if I had only…”! The best thing to do is to find one of the many free mortgage calculators on the web and play with the numbers. You will find your mortgage monthly payment goes up much quicker with interest rates than if the house price drops a few thousand
5. Local builder incentives are growing. Because the inventory of homes available is growing, builders are willing to customize new homes for a fraction of what was available in the past. If you can’t find what you’re looking for in the inventory of pre-built home, look at local builders for the many build-to-suit options available.
If you’re looking to purchase a new home in the Fort Mill SC in spite of the current economy, this really is a great time to take action. These five reasons are just a few of the many why right now might be your best time to take action!